moneypillar final

financial solutions

In business it's important to protect your investments; and as a landlord this means making sure that your buy to let property is insured

to let signs

What is landlord insurance?

As a landlord, you will need a particular type of insurance for properties you rent out to tenants as a normal residential household policy is designed to provide cover for a property that is occupied by the owner, and therefore would not be suitable for a property that is to be rented out. This cover usually includes the same type of protection as your usual house insurance, such as cover for buildings and contents in the event of a range of circumstances.

However a standard home buildings or contents policy won’t consider the potential risks that landlords face, such as loss of rent and accommodation costs, should your tenants have to move out after an insured event, or cover for your liability as a landlord.

As a result, different cover is required and landlords insurance can offer options, including cover for specific risks, including:

• Non payment of rent
• Damage to your property (by the tenant)
• Loss of earnings/rehousing costs if the tenants have to move out (following an insured event)
• Liability for accidents in your property causing injury

Remember renting out your property to strangers can be a risky business, so you want to be properly covered if something goes wrong.

Whether you have a single property or multiple properties give us a call and we will prepare a quote for your needs.

You can phone us

tel: 028 25 646111

or phone us

028 25 646111

Craigmore Viaduct - Newry

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.

Get Flash Player